Sunday 25 September 2011

Getting to know about Margaret!

Posted by Margaret Kwan On 07:02 2 comments

I was born in Hong Kong and lived in Canada for 16 years. I am currently working as the Assistant Project Director in Chatteris Educational Foundation. My main duties this year are to support the design and delivery of the English Development Programme for schools, to support the development of lessons, workshops, activities and resource materials (with the focus on the educational technology area) for use by the Chatteris Native-English speaking tutors, the organization’s programme school teachers and the students, and to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of teaching and learning for all the programme schools and within our project management team.

Some projects that I will be in charge of are to provide tutorials to the tutors and project managers in using technology tools such as Web 2.0, Google apps, blogging and various multimedia resources and how these tools can support learning and teaching in classrooms. Hence I believe this module will provide me with the basic knowledge of information technology in education. For example, I would be interested in getting to know more about various technology tool applications and evaluate the implementation of current teachers’ uses of technology tools, students’ uses of technology tools, Web 2.0 and learning management platforms in educational institutions. Furthermore the learning of various theories on the use of technology in learning and teaching will help me to provide better support on the design and delivery of lessons. In addition, the practical use of applications in the module will provide me with more experience in using various technology tools that I may try to implement them in my work projects in order to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of teaching and learning.

2 comments:

This comment has been removed by the author.

Hi Margaret, it's a very nice picture of you! Could you please turn on the admin option in the blog settings and allow us being the blog authors to add new posts as well, thanks.

Post a Comment