Monday 26 September 2011

Christine : My Profile & Successful case of using technlogy to facilitate education

Posted by Christine Cheng On 03:25 No comments


Hello, my name is Christine. I am an IT officer at local educational institution.

I graduated in Computing which is much more related to Information System. After school, I worked in software house which is provided the variety dimension of solution in business application systems such as Finance, Human Resources or kinds of logistics. Those systems are used to ease the workload and improve efficiency according to the business needs.

In several years, I have a lot of chances to implement, upgrade or maintain variety kind of systems as well as providing the user training as a trainer. Even now, I have worked educational institution and my duty is related to application systems also.

The reasons why I choose this master courses is that IT technology is not bound to use in the business world nowadays. I would like to explore more how IT technologies apply on education, how to make the educational method to be more interesting both for students and teachers or trainees and trainers, not focus on business application systems only.

I am impressed the teaching materials like moodle systems. Use of IT technology on education sounds an interesting and fresh topic for me.


My risal account is 2011871387. The display name is christine.

Nice to meet you all. Thank you. =)


Successful case of using technlogy to facilitate education

I am not a teacher in the school. Sometime, I will act as a trainer/trainee. I would like to share my experience in my training session.


In the past, the training session even the application system training session, there is provide a set of paper document or handouts only. The trainee has just sat and looked at the projector and located which page is shown. It may cause that trainee cannot follow which page and cannot understand well how to use the new features in the system as result of less interactive and waste of resources.

As a trainer, not an educator, we also found this problem. In order to improve that, each student will have an owned computer in front of them instead of projector to locate which page is shown. Trainer can control all computers in the classroom to avoid waste time on finding the page and trainee played using the computers. And it will also provide the exercise during the training session. Let trainee have more hands-on experiences the systems and not just only read the procedure on the paper.

As times have changed, IT technologies are widely used on education as well as training.

0 comments:

Post a Comment