Sunday 25 September 2011

Josephine : About me and my expectation from the course

Posted by Josephine On 20:39 No comments

This is Josephine. I was born in Hong Kong and have been staying in Hong Kong for most of my life except the six years I spent in Australia for my tertiary education. Currently,  I am an IT officer in an educational institute. My main responsibilities include implementing and maintaining the School management systems as well as providing user supports. As part of my job duty, I need to conduct trainings to my end-users on my responsible systems regularly. A consistent problem I encountered is users usually forget almost all the topics we have taught and discussed right after the training sessions. Consequently, painstaking supports are undoubtedly followed. Through this program, I aim at gaining in-depth knowledge on applying information technology in education. This does not only mean learning cutting-edge, state-of-the-art computer-based education tools and environments, but also to utilize them in appropriate ways towards different learning goals. I believe this will facilitate me in providing more interactive and effective trainings to my end-users which will naturally lead to more comprehensive and yet long-lasting understanding of the system from the users. Hopefully, this will result in less complaints and supports to the system. Productivity, in turn, should be raised. Another thing I would like to achieve is to nurture my awareness on upcoming technology, not limiting to educational aspects. This would keep me in pace with my kids as well as provide me new perspectives in educating my kids.

0 comments:

Post a Comment